The following are the terms and conditions for use of the CyprusNet services including without limitation e-mail, classifieds and other services which may be offered from time to time by CyprusNet for use with your CyprusNet account login name (each feature individually and collectively referred to as the 'Service').
Please read them carefully. This Service is provided to individuals who are at least 18 years old or minors who have parental permission to open and maintain an account.
BY CLICKING THE 'SIGN UP!' BUTTON AND COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR AN ACCOUNT AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SERVICE ('TOS').
The Service is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein.
1. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITYTo Sign UP for membership, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the Registration Form. If any information is found to be false, CyprusNet reserves the right to terminate any agreements with the user. You then will be given a password and an account login name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your membership account.
You agree to notify CyprusNet immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
2. MEMBER PRIVACYIt is CyprusNet's policy to respect the privacy of its members. CyprusNet will not monitor, edit, or disclose any personal information about you or your use of the Service, including its contents, without your prior permission unless CyprusNet has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of CyprusNet; (3) enforce the TOS; or (4) act to protect the interests of its members or others. CyprusNet does provide certain user information in aggregate form to third parties, including its advertisers, for demographics. In addition, your Internet Protocol address is transmitted with each message sent from your account. Some personal information you provide to CyprusNet may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
You agree that CyprusNet may access your account, including its contents, as stated above or to respond to service or technical issues.
3. MESSAGES, STORAGE AND OTHER LIMITATIONSThe amount of e-mail storage space per member, when offered, will be limited to 3MB, and some e-mail messages may not be processed due to space constraints or outbound message limitations. You agree that CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for the deletion or failure to store messages or other information.
4. MEMBER CONDUCTAs a condition of your use of the Service, you warrant to CyprusNet that you will not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
The email Service is provided to individuals only and for personal use only. You agree to use the Service only to send and receive personal messages. Any unauthorized commercial use of the Service, or the resale of its services, is expressly prohibited.
You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account or password, including the content of your transmissions through the Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to:
>> Use the Service in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
>> Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
>> Publish, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
>> Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any non-personal purpose.
>> Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
>> Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message.
>> Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity that is not a Service member any directory of the Service members or other user or usage information or any portion thereof other than in the context of your use of the Service as permitted under the TOS.
>> Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs.
>> Transmit or upload any material that contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
>> Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Service or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
>> Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means.
>> Violate any applicable laws or regulations including, without limitation, laws regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported from Cyprus through the service.
>> Interfere with another member's use and enjoyment of the Service or another individual's or entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
CyprusNet has no obligation to monitor its Services or any user's use thereof or retain the content of any user session. However, CyprusNet reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITESTHE LINKS INCLUDED WITHIN THE SERVICE MAY LET YOU LEAVE THE SERVICE WEB SITES ('LINKED SITES'). THE LINKED SITES ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF CYPRUSNET AND CYPRUSNET IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OF ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE, OR ANY CHANGES OR UPDATES TO SUCH SITES. CYPRUSNET IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBCASTING OR ANY OTHER FORM OF TRANSMISSION RECEIVED FROM ANY LINKED SITE. CYPRUSNET IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY CYPRUSNET OF THE SITE OR ANY ASSOCIATION WITH THEIR OPERATORS.CYPRUSNET DOES TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR CONTENT OF ANY OF THE ADVERTISEMENTS ON THE SITE OR THE SITES THAT THEY LINK TO.
6. DISCLAIMERS/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The information and services included in or available through the Service may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. CyprusNet and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Service at any time.
CyprusNet does not represent or warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Service or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
CyprusNet does not warrant or represent that the use or the results of the use of the Service or the materials made available as part of the Service will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
You specifically agree that CyprusNet shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through the Service. You specifically agree that CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another's rights, including intellectual property rights. You specifically agree that CyprusNet is not responsible for any content sent using and/or included in the Service by any third party.
CYPRUSNET AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE SERVICE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. CYPRUSNET AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. INDEMNIFICATION You agree to indemnify and hold CyprusNet its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable attorneys' fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the Service.
8. TERMINATION CyprusNet may terminate your access to any part or all of the Service and any related service(s) at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason deemed appropriate by CyprusNet.
CyprusNet may also terminate your account for inactivity, which is defined as failing to log into the Service for an extended period of time, as determined by CyprusNet. The amount of time that CyprusNet currently views as an 'extended' period of time is a first log-on to e-mail 10 days or later after registration and after an initial e-mail log-on, 90 days since your last e-mail log-on. Upon termination of the Service, your right to use the Service immediately ceases.
If you wish to terminate your account, your only recourse is to discontinue the use of the Service. CyprusNet shall have no obligation to maintain any content in your account or to forward any unread or unsent messages to you or any third party.
9. NO SPAM AND DAMAGES CyprusNet will immediately terminate any account which it believes, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any spam or other unsolicited bulk e-mail.
10. PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTIONS OF ADVERTISERS Any dealings with Advertisers on the Service or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the Advertiser or other third party. CyprusNet shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
11. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO CONTENT You acknowledge that content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained in either sponsor advertisements or electronically distributed, commercially produced information presented to you by the Service, by CyprusNet, or CyprusNet Advertisers or other content providers, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. You may make a copy of this content for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you keep all copyright and other proprietary notices intact. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way content available through the Service and its associated Web sites, including code and software.
12. MODIFICATIONS TO TERMS OF SERVICE, MEMBER POLICIES CyprusNet reserves the right to change the TOS or policies regarding the use of the Service at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of the TOS on this Web site. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the TOS. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
13. GENERAL This agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Cyprus. Use of the Service is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and CyprusNet as a result of this agreement or use of the Service. CyprusNet 's performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of CyprusNet 's right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Service or information provided to or gathered by CyprusNet with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and CyprusNet with respect to the Service (excluding the use of any software which may be subject to an end-user license agreement) and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and CyprusNet with respect to the Service. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You and CyprusNet agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to this Service must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. The section titles in the TOS are solely used for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES:All contents of the Service are: Copyright (c) 2004 CyprusNet and/or its suppliers. TRADEMARKS. CyprusNet.com and/or other CyprusNet products and services referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of CyprusNet. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners